The Recruit Curtin team provides opportunities for Curtin students and graduates to engage with industry and secure employment across all disciplines. We offer a range of industry engagement services including end-to-end recruitment, on-campus visits, careers fairs and targeted promotions.
Hire our students
Curtin is recognised as a global education provider with over 60,000 current students and a broad alumni network. By working with us, you can access talent that is equipped with leadership skills and industry-focused knowledge and experience to help your organisation succeed.
Save time and resources by allowing our team of consultants to support your workforce needs. You no longer have to be inundated with resumes or go through a resource intensive process to find the right candidate for your organisation. By utilising the Recruit Curtin service we can help you to source high achieving, career-ready students, graduates and alumni to bring you tomorrow’s top talent today.
Placement types include graduate recruitment, experienced and professional roles, permanent appointments, vacation programs, internships and fixed term contracts.
With a variety of pathways available, we can provide a complete end-to-end recruitment service tailored to your needs, encompassing:
- Interview support (scheduling, video interviews)
- Reference checks
Note: A minimal admin fee will be incurred per role.
Have any questions? View our FAQ’s for more information.
Unihub is our online platform service that allows organisations to advertise their employment opportunities and events to current students and alumni.
Once registered with Unihub, you can advertise free of charge:
- Paid job opportunities of any type including graduate, vacation or student employment (part-time or casual).
- Unpaid roles such as work experience and volunteering. These are subject to our policies and terms and conditions.
- External events and opportunities such as scholarships, awards and competitions. You can lodge a request for this service by email email@example.com.
If you are a student, graduate or alumni seeking opportunities, please access UniHub here.
For international recruiters
In partnership with GradConnection, Australia’s largest graduate employment website, Global Careers allows employers to target Curtin’s large international student and alumni communities seeking employment in their home countries. The portal allows employers to target students quickly and easily based on their course of study, citizenship and employment rights.
Gaining work experience is important for students, allowing them to make industry connections and develop their work-related technical and transferable skills.
Employers wishing to offer unpaid co-curricular (not for credit) placements to students must comply with the University’s Terms and Conditions to ensure compliance with the Fair Work Act and for the student to be eligible for work experience insurance cover.
- The placed student must be currently enrolled at Curtin University for the duration of the placement.
- Placements are limited to a total of 112.5 hours in length
- Supervision must be supplied by a staff member of the host organisation.
- The placement must be undertaken at the host organisation’s premises and cannot be undertaken online or remotely.
- Placements should primarily be mostly work shadowing/learning and cannot produce any output that will be considered as a duty performed by an employee as they should then get remuneration for the contribution they are making.
Please take time to read through the relevant Fair Work information for more details.
Work experience insurance
Insurance coverage is available for employers offering co-curricular unpaid work experience to students. Students undertaking an unpaid placement are covered by Curtin’s personal accident insurance policy but the cover must first be approved by Curtin University.
*Students should not commence any placement prior to confirmation of insurance cover.
Once you have agreed to host a Curtin student, they are required to completed pre-placement professional development modules and apply for insurance coverage via Curtin UniHub prior to the placement commencing. You will receive an email with the following information:
- Guidelines for Host Organisations for unpaid work experience.
- Two forms to be completed
- Curtin Careers and Employment Fieldwork Agreement (once submitted is valid for two years).
- The Co-curricular Placement information form with the details of the placement and confirmation of risk assessment form.
Once you have submitted the required forms, you will receive a confirmation email with Curtin’s Certificates of Currency for Insurance coverage for the student.
Meet our students
Getting involved in events provides an excellent opportunity to share your business culture and form genuine connections with Curtin students. The various events we can assist you with include careers fairs, presentations, career development workshops, ‘Hackathons’ and more.
On-campus employer events allow you to engage with our current cohort of students and raise your profile on campus. At no cost, they are a great opportunity for you to provide information to students about what it’s like to work in your industry, with your company, as well as any current employment opportunities or details about application and selection processes.
Please be advised Curtin Student Development requires a minimum of four weeks’ notice to organise campus events.
- Presentation: A presentation-based format in either Curtin connect, a lecture theatre or tutorial room setting.
- Pop-up stand: A more flexible visit where we can arrange for you to disseminate your information and chat with students on campus.
- Host an interview/assessment centre.
- Other: e.g. Speed Networking, Hackathons, Q&A sessions, Fireside chats
Curtin University will continue to facilitate industry engagement with our students, all information sessions will be delivered virtually. If your organisation would like to consider this as a viable option, feel free to contact the Recruit Curtin team.
- Venue hire
- Promotion and event reminders on Unihub
- Promotion on Curtin Student Development’s Facebook page
- Promotion on Curtin’s Careers For Tomorrow website
- Promotion through PowerPoint slides on TV screens across campus (subject to availability)
- Reserved parking bay in either PE2 or PI1 in our Perth campus carpark
You should refer to the Academic Calendar to help you pick the best date for your event. It is also advisable to avoid dates close to the end of the semester as students prepare for exams and assignment submissions. Alternatively, the Recruit Curtin brochure lists the key dates for employers to engage.
Terms and conditions
- Curtin Student Development reserves the right to accept or reject any applications for employer events in complete discretion.
- Venue bookings and marketing of the event will start once details of the event are confirmed.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Recruit Curtin inbox – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations will need to be submitted in writing more than 5 business days prior to the event date to avoid incurring a cancellation fee.*
- If representatives from your organisation do not show on the day of the event, the organisation will incur a cancellation fee.
*A $90 cancellation fee applies to covers administration costs and promotions your organisation receives. The fee may be waived due to extenuating circumstances.
Participating in careers fairs provide the opportunity to strengthen and expand your organisation’s profile whilst meeting a diverse range of eager students. In particular, our Perth campus event is one of the largest graduate employment fairs held in Australia.
We currently host two fairs in semester one of each year at our Perth and Kalgoorlie campuses.
We provide a diverse range of engagement solutions to support your presence at Curtin. The following approaches can be customised to enable targeted and personal interactions.
Any employer can post details of a job opportunity or event for no charge. However, if you want to make yours stand out from the crowd, our student interface allows employers to have a visible presence in an Employer Spotlight window on the student home page, and in various other areas of the site.
Capable of hosting an image, text or both it is a great way to put your brand or message front and centre to the students you are looking to target. The audience can be tailored so that only students from specific disciplines see it in their feed.
With UniHub accessed by thousands of Curtin students on a weekly basis, this is an ideal opportunity to reach your main target market quickly and easily.
- Prices for advertising on UniHub start at just $240 per month ($120 per month during tuition-free periods).
Curtin Student Development’s Facebook page is one of the most active and subscribed to university careers pages in the country. Providing updates on the latest issues and news stories affecting student and graduate employment has become a focal point for engagement with our students.
The page has a dedicated community following of over 7,300 users (as of January 2020) and rising, with posts regularly shared well beyond the page’s subscriber base.
Employers are also given the opportunity to have their own jobs or employment related events promoted via our Facebook page and Instagram channel.
You are able to upload an image, with text and web URL.
- Standard Post: $240
- “Pin” your post: add $20 / per day (maximum 3 days)
All prices are inclusive of GST.
Throughout the year, Curtin Student Development offers employers opportunities to participate in a variety of one-off specialist events and supplementary services that can be of great benefit to you and your organisation.
The Curtin CareerPLUS program provides industry professionals with the opportunity to assist Curtin students in developing the skills and knowledge required to transition into graduate employment.
CareerPLUS mentoring matches students with industry professionals, including Curtin alumni, staff and friends, who are currently working in an industry similar to the student’s field of study or area of interest.
Benefits to industry participants
- Enhance your leadership, communication and coaching skills
- Inspire students to reach their career potential.
- Give back to your profession and community.
- Learn fresh perspectives from today’s students.
- Extend your professional network with other mentors.
- Gain exposure to highly-motivated students and help your industry receive work-ready graduates.
- Reconnect or develop closer links with Curtin University.
The broader CareerPLUS program allows students to combine their mentoring experience with a series of mock recruitment activities and other career related experiences, including paid employment, skilled volunteering and work experience.
Please note, in 2020, the Next Step Mentoring Program merged with the Curtin Employability Program to become Curtin CareerPLUS.
Become a CareerPLUS mentor
Applications for CareerPLUS 2020 will be opening soon.
To take part in this program as an industry mentor, we ask that you have a minimum of three years’ professional experience.
Submit an expression of interest to be notified via email when applications open.
Western Australian universities are always looking for local business and industry partners to host PhD students to undertake project work under a scheme called iPREPWA (Industry and PhD Research Engagement Program, Western Australia).
Please note that students undertaking the iPREP program must be covered under Curtin’s work experience insurance.
We can provide you with information about current student populations and groups at Curtin. You are able to request a report based on various criteria including study discipline, citizenship, year of study and more.
- $95 Student Search Fee (+GST)
Please note the cost for this service will need to be paid for in advance via our payment/invoice form.
To complete this request, you will then need to fill in the same form as if you are requesting a targeted email out.
If you require historical information, including recent graduate and completion data, please contact the Office of Strategy and Planning.
Would you like to engage with our students on a personal level, not necessarily representing the company you work for? Curtin Student Development is continuously seeking industry champions who can share their knowledge and experiences to help our students become career-ready and strong leaders.
Some of the ways in which you can engage are as follows:
- Become a mentor
- Co-present a career or leadership development workshop
- Join a panel discussion
- Write an educational blog
- Guest speak at one of our events